Publicidade

Publicidade

Weather

Weather

Weather | Fuente: Ministry of Tourism

Weather

Brazil has 93% of its land in the Southern Hemisphere and the remaining 7% are in Northern Hemisphere. The seasons are defined in the following periods:

  • Summer from December 21 to March 20;
  • Autumn from March 20 to June 21;
  • Winter from June 21 to September 22;
  • Spring from September 23 to December 21.

As the country has a vast territory, each region has its characteristic climate. And for this reason it is important to check the weather of the location that will be visited to bring appropriate clothing.

South

The subtropical climate offers temperatures lower than the rest of the country, around 18°C and high temperature range; they are the lowest temperatures in Brazil. In winter there is presence of frost and even snow in some places. Rainfall is distributed throughout the year.

Southeast

Tropical climate of altitude that reaches the highlands and plateaus. With little variation between thermal temperatures remaining around 17 and 22 °C. Temperatures are higher on the coast and in the highlands with the mild climate; frost may occur.

Midwest

Tropical climate with rainy summers and dry winters. Temperatures ranging from 18°C in winter and exceeding 25°C in the summer. The northern area has higher temperatures and increased rainfall.

Northeast

Climates ranging from equatorial humid to tropical semi-arid, therefore the temperatures vary from 20°C to 28°C. Region with little rainfall, often not raining for up to 10 months.

North

Typical equatorial climate prevailing heat and humidity, due to the proximity of the Amazon rainforest. Temperatures are usually high in 24°C to 26°C and the rainy season occurs between December and May.